Non-Surgical Negligence Claims
When you think of medical negligence, you may imagine it only relates to a surgical complication, but a large number of clients who contact The Medical Negligence Experts do so because they have been injured by a non-surgical treatment, such as Botox injections or a chemical skin peel. The rise of the variety and accessibility of non-surgical cosmetic treatments, together with light industry regulations, has contributed to an increase in the number of people suffering injury through negligent non-surgical treatments.
What is Non-Surgical Negligence?
Non-surgical treatment is one which does not necessitate an operation, though the term is most frequently use to describe elective cosmetic procedures. You cannot underestimate the impact a lack of confidence in your appearance can have, which is why there has been an explosion in non-surgical treatments and the number of practitioners providing them.
When the outcome of treatment is not as expected, either because it fails completely or it causes an adverse effect, and the failure links directly to an avoidable error, it is possible you may claim compensation for non-surgical negligence.
Non-surgical negligence can be the result of inexperienced or insufficiently trained practitioners. The effects of substandard care can include:
- Damaged enamel and extreme sensitivity after tooth whitening.
- Loss of facial movement or speech after Botox injections.
- Burns caused by incorrect hair removal laser settings.
- An allergic reaction not identified as no patch test was carried out.
- Injecting Dermal fillers into the wrong area.
- Failure to advise patients of all risks and obtaining informed consent.
Non-surgical negligence is a relatively new area of medical negligence so it is important you choose a lawyer experienced in this area, like The Medical Negligence Experts, to represent you when making your claim.
How Can We Help?
Some patients are initially unsure whether they can claim compensation for medical errors if the treatment was an elective and cosmetic one. It does not matter whether you had your treatment done through a private practice or you received care via the NHS, if negligence can be proven to have caused your injury, you can make a claim.
There are four main stages of a medical negligence claim.
- The initial step is to identify whether you were injured. Depending on the nature of your injury this may be relatively obvious, or it could require the assessment of an independent medical practitioner to verify.
- After identifying your injury, the next step is to link it to negligent care. We will investigate your experience to ascertain whether your practitioner acted in a negligent way. We do this by comparing their procedures and standard of treatment to see if it is reasonable to judge the error would not have happened had one of their peers carried out the treatment.
- We send evidence of the cause and effect due to negligence to the responsible party with the request they acknowledge it and compensate you accordingly. They will conduct their investigation and reply with an offer of compensation, or a denial of liability.
- Most non-surgical medical negligence claims settle out of court after some negotiation. If an agreement cannot be reached, we will submit your claim for trial.
We have made the process sound simple here but the reality is that it can take many months to resolve, so contact The Medical Negligence Experts today and ask how we can help you with your claim.
Need some help?
Am I eligible?
If you have been harmed physically in the last 3 years, due to someone else’s negligence, the short answer is yes.
Exceptions to this are for instance industrial disease or if you were a child at the time of the accident you may have a longer period to claim.
How much could I claim?
As every medical case is different, the amount of compensation paid out can differ case to case. Varying factors lead to the final figure include: extent of your injuries, earnings missed out on, future losses and more.
Our dedicated team of experts will give you an indication of how much you could potentially claim for.
How does the process work?
We understand that when making a claim it’s important to know what to expect and when to expect it. That’s why we make the process as transparent & clear as possible.
Your solicitor will gather all the evidence and will notify the negligent party that you wish to begin claim proceedings. With your solicitor negotiating on your behalf, you will be keep up to date every step of the way.
Why should you use us?
No Win No Fee
We offer a No Win No Fee* service on all our claims - We assess each claim on its merits with the information provided, which aids us to determine its likely success rate. This takes the risk away from you.
Expert, Friendly Solicitors
Our experienced solicitors are experts in securing compensation no matter the level of negligence.
We are committed to securing the best possible outcome for you, while providing friendly support every step of the way.
Personal Dedicated Solicitors
On contact, you will be allocated your own expert Medical Negligence solicitor who will be there every step of the way. You will be provided with a direct phone number and direct email address of your solicitor.
Expert non surgery negligence solicitors working for you
We specialise in helping victims of medical negligence claim the compensation they deserve.
We work on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning if we don’t win your case, you don’t pay! Once you make contact, your experienced solicitor will work to recover the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Whether you are ready to make a medical negligence claim, or you would just like a free conversation with a legal professional, we have experts on hand to give you all the information you need. Take the first step to getting what you deserve by filling in our quick contact form and we will call you back whenever suits you.